This Policy will explain how WECAN uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website. Should any questions about data processing remain answered insufficiently, we will be happy to answer those by email. Please contact us via the following email address: [email protected]
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Workgroup of Cancer Patient Advocacy Network the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
Definitions and Interpretation
- "Account": means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
- "Content": means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- "Cookie": means a small text file placed on your computer by Workgroup of Cancer Patient Advocacy Network Ltd when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyze their browsing habits within the Web Site.
- "Data": means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- "WECAN": means Workgroup of Cancer Patient Advocacy Network;
- "Service": means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that WECAN makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- "System": means any online communications infrastructure that WECAN makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- "User" / "Users": means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by WECAN and acting in the course of their employment; and
- "Website": means the website that you are currently using and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
What data do we collect?
- your name;
- your organization/affiliation;
- a group you identify with (e.g. patient or carer);
- contact information such as an email address;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- your IP address;
- your timestamp of access;
- your requested resource;
- your status;
- the transferred amount of data and the duration of data transmission;
- the origin/location of your request;
- the name and version of your browser software.
How do we collect your data?
- enroll in our platform;
- purchase a course;
- voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback via a contact form;
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Web Site.
- Email you to answer your questions;
- Analyze the usage of our website content;
- Email you to answer your questions;
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
How do we store your data?
Your personal data will be stored by us for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year. With a notice or notice from you, your personal data, if possible, will be deleted immediately.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
What are your data protection rights?
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact the appropriate authority
Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision
91522 Ansbach Germany